Saturday, August 1, 2015

Peru preparations, Paddington Bear style

I'm just weeks away from the Inca trek! Last night, I received a special gift from a young friend -- a Peru travel kit, if you will.

The tag reads in English and Spanish: "Wanted on Voyage"
"Please look after this lady. Thank you."

My young friend Peter recently read about Paddington, a young Peruvian bear who immigrates to London after his Aunt Lucy goes into a home for retired bears. He stows away on a lifeboat with nothing more than a small suitcase and a jar of marmalade so he isn't hungry. Around his neck is a label that reads, "Please look after this bear. Thank you."

In my special Peru travel kit, Peter gave me a copy of the book and my very own jar of marmalade. I'm ready to go!

Peter's serious face. Look after this lady...or else.

2 comments:

  1. Your friend Peter is so cool!! And probably also is his parent who helped him. Glad to see you're all set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His gift tickled me so!!!! He definitely is a cool kid. His parents are awesome, too! :)

      Delete