Sunday, July 5, 2015

Overnight Mt. LeConte fun

I'm spending the summer hiking my way through East Tennessee. My mission this season: tackle all new trails. It's been a sweet blessing as I'm discovering more and more of my beloved adopted state on foot.

I deviated from my mission last weekend when I hiked up to Mt. LeConte with two friends. I've done LeConte before via the Alum Cave trail. But there was a new experience to this hike: I spent the night at the lodge on top of the mountain for the first time ever. Pretty awesome!

My friend Megan did a great job capturing our pilgrimage in this hilarious piece.
Check it out.

In the meantime, some of my favorite photos from the hike:

Megan, Sharon and moi in front of the dining room

At Cliff Tops. What can you do if you can't goof off, eh? :)

A beautiful view on the descent

No comments:

Post a Comment