Sunday, June 1, 2014

Alternate universe

I'm definitely living in an alternate universe. This afternoon I spoke with an 18-year-old man with a deep voice named Jack who excitedly told me about his acceptance to his top college of choice in Ohio. This took my breath away. This is the same kid I babysat when I was in college. The same brown-haired, browned eyed toddler who didn't like to wear pants.

Jack was three-and-a-half when we first met and we spent afternoons and evenings together several times a week during his grade school years. I eventually left Brooklyn, NY, and moved south and he continued to grow up. He's now taller than me, actually. Smart kid, too.

I've known all along he would one day graduate high school and go on to college. But that day has come a lot quicker than I imagined. I feel young. I still look young (I think. haha.) But my sweet kid is now officially an adult and I'm super proud of him. But...wow.

1 comment:

  1. ah!! I had the same feelings when my little guy whom I babysat for graduated from high school. He's now 23. eek!

    ReplyDelete