Saturday, October 26, 2013

Celebrating Lydia

We gathered this evening to celebrate my friend Lydia and her fiance Korri ahead of their upcoming nuptials. The setting was the beautiful and stately Knoxville Botanical Garden and Arboretum -- evocative of Lydia's personality and spirit.

Lydia, whom I often refer to as X (her middle initial), has been a friend for almost a decade. We first met at a conference of the National Association of Black Journalists. Then she moved to Knoxville for a job at the News Sentinel, my former employer, and our friendship deepened from there. Our cubicles were right next to one other in the newsroom and we undertook all manner of mischief inside and outside the office.

I'm thrilled to be her friend and I look forward to walking alongside her and Korri in their marriage journey.

Lydia & Korri from this summer. (Didn't get a chance to grab one tonight)

Me, Lydia and Megan before the festivities began.

The Knoxville Botanical Garden is magnificent!

I was wandering the grounds when I saw this sight.

For more photos from Lydia's engagement party, visit my Flickr account.

1 comment: