Friday, August 16, 2013

Happy Birthday, Plucky!


The pluckiest of all Plucky dogs turns 9 today! Woo hoo!

This 35 pounds of loving has been a faithful companion for almost a decade. Funny though, when I first got him, the vet said he would be no more than 18-20 pounds. But I was suspicious because of his large paws. He just kept growing, and growing...and growing. I've often been asked about his breed. Well, he's the best kind, of course: a mystery dog.

What's the origin of his name, you ask? He came to me with the name, ahem, Blackie. Um, yeah...no. Since he was already responding to it, I looked in the dictionary for something that sounded similar and henceforth, he became Plucky. Plucky means bold and courageous...which he's not always. Let's just say he's still growing into his name. :)

Here's to many more years together, Plucky dog. I hope you live forever.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I also love Plucky. Very sweet dog you have. And 9 years? That seems impossible.

    ReplyDelete