Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Megan + Bryce

Megan & Bryce arrive at their reception
I kicked off wedding season this weekend when my good friend Megan got hitched, Kentucky-style.

After a beautiful ceremony punctuated by tears and much laughter, we sashayed on over to her parent's home for a backyard reception. All I can say is wow! Megan is super creative and her personality was infused in every food, decoration and table setting.

One of the poignant moments of the church ceremony was when the pastor asked for letters written by Megan and Bryce as well as their parents. Those letters were placed in a box and they were to be opened on their anniversary. They also were to be read if there comes a time they forget why they fell in love.

I got to know Megan after she came to work at the Knoxville News Sentinel, my former employer. We sat across from each other and had our share of giggles and deep conversations. A lot of our hanging out was done outside of the office, which was pretty cool. I also hiked Mt. LeConte for the first time with her.

I'm so thankful for our friendship. It was a joy to celebrate her special day with her and Bryce in her hometown of Crestwood, Ky.

I **love** this girl. You know how I know? I stayed up waaaaay past my bedtime to see her and Bryce off around 11 p.m. (Our friend Lydia kept asking me, "Lola, are you awake?" "Are you hanging in there?" Yep and yep.)

We all lined up along the driveway with sparklers as the happy couple ran through. Fun times.
I wish them every blessing as they start their new life together.

For more pictures of the day's festivities, visit my Flickr account.

No comments:

Post a Comment