Tuesday, June 4, 2013

La pizzeria de Lola

I try to write substantive and thought-provoking blog posts whenever I can. So here goes: I MADE MY FIRST PIZZA! :)

Exciting, isn't it? I'm more thrilled that it turned out ok and it was edible and rather tasty.
The idea to make pizza took root after I got an Earthfare email coupon last week for $1 pizza dough, $1 tomato sauce and $1 mozzarella/provolone cheese blend. I thought, "What the hay? Why not?" I had chicken, peppers and onions at home so my toppings were all set.
 
On Sunday afternoon while a monsoon hammered Knoxville, I diligently rolled my dough with a bottle, piled on the goodies and popped it into the oven. About 18 minutes later, voilĂ ! I made a side salad and lunch was served.
 
I ate two more slices for lunch yesterday and finished the last two today. Turns out $3 plus tax was able to buy me three meals. Way to eat on the cheap.
 
Too much dough at the edges so my friend Kristen suggested I roll it in...

Glad I listened. The crust was yummy, as was the entire pizza!

2 comments:

  1. Good job! I am honestly shocked you didn't make a pizza before this one. I'm glad you loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a sudden urge to eat pizza. Yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete