Thursday, June 6, 2013

Bling x 2

There's no turning back now, y'all. I'm officially official.

I received my actual 2nd degree black belt tonight. (The test was almost a week ago.) I missed this evening's main belt ceremony because of another commitment but my master instructor James Rich waited for me. By the time I arrived, everyone was gone but Mr. Rich gave me my own private ceremony. And then he tied on my belt, which is a big deal. Why, you ask? The 1st degree black belt ceremony in the Taekwondo journey is the only one during which the master instructor ties the belt on you.

Now as a second degree, I'm on my own. BUT! I begged and gave Mr. Rich a pretty-please-with-a-cherry-on-top smile and he violated his policy and tied on my belt. (Deep down, I think he enjoyed it. Ha!) It meant so much to me to have him tie the first knot of my new rank.

No comments:

Post a Comment