Tuesday, May 7, 2013

CrossFit Diaries -- Class #16: Dead last

Bringing up the rear in a competition is not always a bad thing. (So says the sore loser who was me yesterday.) Not only did I finish dead last during a timed exercise at CrossFit, I also walked out of the gym with screaming, aching (read: happy) muscles.

This week we're setting personal records to see how far we've progressed. So yesterday, after I set a max bench press PR of 95 pounds, we did the "Louder than 10." It consisted of 11 rounds of:

5 ball slams (20-pound ball for guys, 15-pound ball for the ladies)
10 standard push ups
15 kettle bell swings (25 pounds for me)

And we had to complete all 11 rounds as fast as possible. :-/

The first six rounds weren't so bad. Round seven came and I hit a wall. The conversation in my head went something like this: "This is stupid!" "This sucks." "$&%#!!!!" Friends, I don't think I'm a quitter but yesterday I really, really, really wanted to weeny out. Really.

I huffed and puffed my way through the remaining rounds as I watched other folks finish and put away their equipment. Then the cool part came: they cheered me on through my last couple of rounds. Whew.

After all that craziness, we rounded out our workout with a few sets of sumo dead lift high pulls with the kettle bell and then we were free to go.

Yesterday was pure torture. But do you know what I did this morning? I went back for more.

2 comments:

  1. yeah you did! AND MADE IT LOOK EASY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks, chica! I don't know about making it look easy but I was definitely feeling it when we were done. I'm enjoying it so much though. :)

      Delete