Monday, May 27, 2013

Black belt conference

Knoxville crew at the Taekwondo America Black Belt Conference
I just returned from a glorious weekend of learning how to better kick butt.
A crew of six from our martial arts school, James Rich's Taekwondo, spent Thursday through Sunday at the Taekwondo America Black Belt Conference at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and Spa in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.

The conference was a chance to sharpen our skills through a variety of clinics and workouts ranging from sparring strategy to kicking and punching target drills. Saturday was the longest day with six back to back, hour-long workouts. (I was grateful for a long lunch break. I snuck in a nap.) When we weren't in clinics, we could be found at the hotel's pool or on the beach.

It was pretty cool to deepen my friendships with the folks from my school while also getting to know some of the other martial artists from sister schools around the country.

The conference was great preparation for me especially as I get ready for my upcoming test for second degree black belt.

View from the pool on Friday night

2 comments:

  1. You are seriously so cool. I am glad you did this and had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! It was fun times. :)

      Delete