Friday, April 5, 2013

CrossFit did not kill me.

Quivering legs aside, I feel great.**
I took my first CrossFit class at 6 a.m. today. Suffice it to say it was pretty intense but definitely awesome. An added bonus: the North Knoxville location is conveniently about a mile and a half from my house. For those of you wondering what CrossFit is, here's a description from the website:

"We have no mirrors, no machines, no tanning beds, no smoothie bar, and no excuses. There is only your hard work and results."

Hehe! And some more:

"Proven in everyday living, competitive sport, and even battlefield-tested, Hard-To-Kill's systematic approach to fitness will improve your physical performance, mental toughness, and quality of life."

I'd heard so much about CrossFit and wanted to try it. Then the other day, I found a groupon for it and tada! (It's still up if you Knox folks are interested.) I think one of the reasons I enjoyed CrossFit so much this morning was it caters to my primal exercise tendencies. No pain, no gain, baby!

**We'll see what tune I'm singing later today when full-body soreness sets in. If you find me curled up in a fetal position in my office, just pat me on the head and leave me be.

6 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try it so I hope you'll update us on it some more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely keep you guys posted. It's going to be an interesting experiment for sure!

      Delete
  2. You are such a bad a$$ ;) I don't like to do workouts that hardcore (ha :) but I can't wait to read more about your crossfit adventures! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahaha! Thanks, friend. It is definitely more hard core than I've ever done. I wasn't sure what to expect.

      Delete
  3. You're a beast. I am so impressed, my friend! I hope you are able to walk today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, walking has been interesting as the day has worn on. Sitting and getting up from a chair have been a bit challenging. My muscles and sinews are begging for a rest so I think tomorrow will be a total rest day. Whew! :)

      Delete