Friday, February 8, 2013

Free food Friday!

I'm a huge fan of food. But then add the word, "free"? Epic!
While reading my Twitter feed last night, a friend posted something about a free-cookies-on-Market-Square event today. Naturally, that caught my attention -- especially when another friend responded that it was "world cookie domination day."

During  lunch today, I sauntered down to Market Square to investigate this "world cookie domination day" and saw this:


There were a number of Girl Scouts serving cookies so I hit a plate or two...or three (*happy face*)
I was tempted to hit every. single. plate. But I behaved myself.

To top it off, while on Market Square I came across a Salvation Army truck serving free soup...just because. I stopped by and chatted with the staff while enjoying potato-bacon soup. Turns out one of the employees was someone I'd interviewed for a story some years ago while I was a reporter at the News Sentinel. Neat, huh?

Free lunch and free dessert definitely made my afternoon. Oh, and it stopped raining and the sun came out. I couldn't have asked for more.

Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett helping with the soup-serving
Alan Williams of WVLT-TV Ch. 8 in the background

No comments:

Post a Comment