Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sneaky, sneaky!

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage has found the way to this girl's heart. :)


I closed on my house refinance in December after a three-and-a-half-month process. It was supposed to take about a month or so. But due to low interest rates, Wells Fargo received a huge volume of refinance applications, which meant a long delay in the closing process. I didn't mind that as much. What I did mind was the lack of communication and response whenever I called or emailed to inquire about the status of my application.

It was rather frustrating and by the end of the process, I was put off by my mortgage company. My mortgage consultant apologized and then told me I would be getting a satisfaction survey to critique the process. Oh, and she would be compensated based on the survey. Great. While I waited for the survey to come, I wrestled with what it meant to be gracious while also being honest in a way that would help Wells Fargo improve their process.

Weeks passed and no survey. Then last week, my postman Charles delivered my mail along with a small package from Omaha Steaks. I opened it to find the above gift certificate, seasoning and an apology from Wells Fargo. Alright! Now, we're talking.

I ordered my yummy goodies over the weekend and on Tuesday morning, received confirmation from Omaha Steaks that my package had shipped. About two hours later, I received the Wells Fargo survey in my inbox. Sneaky, sneaky!

I have to give Wells Fargo credit for backing up their apology with something tangible -- and for trying to secure my goodwill with food.

I came home tonight and found this happiness on my porch:

 

4 comments:

  1. Are those steaks? Wow! Coming to your house for dinner! :)

    Trillia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. C'mon over, sister! :) I actually opted for the chicken gourmet package since I don't eat as much red meat as I used to.

      Delete
  2. I have never had anything from Omaha Steaks-- what did you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate one of the Caribbean chicken breasts and it was pretty tasty! My sister who lives in Omaha tried their steaks at one point just to say she had. She said it was great but not enough to spend a lot of money each time to eat it. I think it's worth trying though...at least once.

      Delete