Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturdays are for thanks-living

What I've heard, seen, touched, smelled and tasted today:
--The twitter of birds during a quiet morning run
--The orange-reds of a backyard dogwood tree signaling the arrival of fall


--A perfectly crunchy bowl of corn flakes and smooth white milk
--The sweet face of a lovable companion


--These life-giving words: "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts...and be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly...with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

And all of this just from this morning. 12 hours and 55 minutes of wonder are still left in this day.

2 comments:

  1. Your entry remind me of one of my favorite poems:

    http://www.loc.gov/poetry/180/050.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, too cool, Bob! What a poignant poem. It's even more compelling because her "otherwise" did come. Thanks for sharing this with me. I'm currently reading "1,000 Gifts" by Ann Voskamp and it's been such a challenge to fully live this one, wild life right where I am.

      Delete