Monday, August 27, 2012

Academic reading is a good sleep aid

I really should have known better.
But I laid in the bed with my textbook anyway. I didn't last a page Sunday night before the sleeps took over. Alas, I gave in and saved the rest of the reading for another day.

Welcome to the life of a grad student. I'm totally enjoying it. But I'm also finding that this finicky thing called tiredness catches up with me a lot more these days. I find that laying on the couch while studying is a good medium. I'm comfortable but not too much.

Tonight, though, I had to keep it upright or it was all over. After about an hour and a half of reading at the dining room table, I felt a face plant coming on. So, I closed the book and went to the kitchen in search of dessert before calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment