Wednesday, July 18, 2012

On top of the world. Sort of.

My not-so-little Baby Brother and I went on an outing last Wednesday to the observation deck of the Rockefeller Center in Manhattan. This was a first for both of us. The view of New York City was pretty spectacular. (I've been to the top of the Empire State Building, which gives a slightly different bird's eye view of this expansive city.)

Some of what we saw while 70 floors up:

Looking toward Central Park.

Looking toward the Empire State Building.

I love that guy to my left!

The view finder seemed to be smiling at us...

After our excursion to Rockefeller Center, not-so-little Baby Brother and I grabbed dinner and took it over to Bryant Park. We people-watched while we ate.


On our way to the train station later that night, we spied some students performing gymnastic feats on the steps of the New York Public Library. One of their t-shirts read "Penn State Gymnastics."
You never know what you'll see in New York City!


2 comments:

  1. looks like fun!! I've heard that is the place to see the city from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea -- well, maybe you do -- how badly I wish I could wake up tomorrow in The City that Never Sleeps.

    Thank you for sharing these photos.

    ReplyDelete