Saturday, May 26, 2012

Meeting Kevin Bacon


This is Kevin Bacon. And he likes marshmallows. I met the pot-bellied pig for the first time today while visiting the farm of my friends Jim and Kim. He's a recent addition to their animal family.
Gardening with Kim was today's goal. Before we started, Kim added some ingredients into the ice cream maker so we would have a treat waiting for us at the end of our toil.


I also got reacquainted with animal friends including Cesar the Parakeet and several horses.




Then Kim and I got to work planting corn, eggplant, tomatoes, sunflowers and marigolds. When we were done, I took time to admire Kim's flowers and I got into the strawberry patch :)



After gardening, Jim, Kim and I went inside to cool off with homemade vanilla ice cream with peanut butter M&Ms. We spent some time catching up and before we knew it, the dinner hour snuck up on us. Not to worry, Kim prepared paella, a mouthwatering dish of rice, seafood, sausage and vegetables. There was a happy face on my tummy when I was done eating.


I wasn't the only one having a fun time. I took Plucky Alapo with me and he made friends with Jim and Kim's five pooches. (Plucky is the one closest to the cabinet doors.)

3 comments:

  1. that looks like such a fun day! Great food, good times with friends, and you didn't have to leave Plucky behind. Perfect! And yum, strawberries...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures! Kevin Bacon is too cute :) (And I never thought I'd say that about a pig besides Wilbur...) What a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy Kevin aka Mr. Pickles has such a great new home! I miss him but I think he is happier at your farm. Thank you for adopting him and taking good care of him! Vickie

    ReplyDelete