Saturday, May 5, 2012

Frances + Jeremy

"For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God. Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name. I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever. For great is your steadfast love toward me; you have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol."

That was an excerpt from Psalm 86. The entire chapter was one of two Bible readings at Frances and Jeremy's wedding this afternoon. I must say, my heart was greatly warmed and encouraged as I sat through the service. There was a sweet affirmation of the love of God through Christ for each person there, no matter their stage of life -- single, married and everything in between.

Frances and Jeremy's wedding was No. 2 of the four I'll be attending this summer. How neat it was to celebrate with them and reconnect with friends and acquaintances.

The ceremony took place at Cedar Springs Presbyterian Church and then it was on to the Orangery for eating and dancing.

How was the food, you ask? I overheard one friend say this: "Any wedding with bacon is a-ok in my book."

It was pretty phenomenal and included southern favorites like shrimp and grits. Dessert? An assortment of cakes and an ice cream bar courtesy of Bruster's. Score!

Some other fun scenes from the day:

Frances and Jeremy's first dance

Brad and Katie; they're responsible for wedding No. 3 that's coming up in a few weeks :)

Cheesing it up with Gov. Bill Haslam

Hamming it up with my sweet friend Rachel and her hubby Jon -- before Jon stuck his finger in my ear. Boys!

3 comments:

  1. Lola, we love that you were at our wedding! Thank you for your sweet words and awesome presence! Looking forward to partying with you at Brad and Katie's wedding, a.k.a. #3.
    - Jeremy &Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun!! What a beautiful wedding, and so many people standing up! And the governor was there? And you know him? Impressive. You are so important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I don't know about important :)

      Delete