Friday, April 6, 2012

1st degree black belt!!

Say hello to your newest first-degree black belt!!
Wow. It has finally happened. I passed my Taekwondo belt test tonight.

I'm super overwhelmed right now. And relieved. And excited.

I got a war wound on my left foot tonight and I'm sporting it quite proudly. This happened during board breaks. I didn't mind though because I broke both my boards. Back in February, I failed my first attempt for first-degree because I didn't break the board on my left foot. Tonight, I rammed my left front kick into it and it gave way. The second board surrendered to my right side kick :)


I wore this shirt all day today to get myself into the spirit and ready for tonight. Fun times.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations, my friend! Savor the moment. And take care of that foot! I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! You and I are SO walking down dark alleys together! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you, Lola!! I knew you'd do it. you sport that wound with pride. And maybe put some bleach on your pants :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bloody, unbowed and proud! Wahoo! Way to go, Lola!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! Thanks, Melanie. Thanks also for praying me through many a test :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats, I guess I should be thankful that when I saw you Thursday you gave me a hug and not a "head kick"! Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll always get a hug, Michael. I actually like you ;)

      Delete
  6. Lola! You did it! It HAS finally happened. So proud of you. What a year this has been for you. Such a treat and honor to journey alongside of you. {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that shirt, and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete