Saturday, March 24, 2012

iPhone editing stinks

Note to self: Say No to iPhone editing.
I had a minor blogger crisis last night. I tried to tweak a spelling error in this post via my iPhone before I went to bed and accidentally deleted it instead. I should have known better but I was in a rush. (Mistake number one.)

After I calmed down, I sat on the bed and typed the entire thing from memory into the "notes" app on the phone and then emailed it to myself. I pasted it back via a desktop this morning.

I'm grateful that my journalism training came in handy for this one. I lost many a story during my years as a reporter largely because the computer ate it. After fuming, all I could do was sit down and start over. (My fellow writers can relate, I'm sure.)

Crisis averted. I'm pleased with the way the second version turned out. For those of you who read the initial "Bizarro World" post, can you tell a difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment