Sunday, March 11, 2012

In the hot seat

The tables were turned on me recently for the first time in my 10-year career as a journalist/writer.

I became the interview subject and I must say, it was strangely fun to be the one in the hot seat.

My colleague Cassandra was tasked with putting together a series of features for UT's Torchbearer magazine about the rare experiences of the university's alumni and employees. She called it "What's It Like." Knowing that I had just become a U.S. citizen in the fall, Cassandra asked me to be a part of the article. I was flattered because the journey is one I've loved sharing with people.

The magazine came out last week. I am so honored by how well Cassandra's story turned out and how it truly captured my experience. Read the feature here.

Read Cassandra's entire series here.

2 comments:

  1. That is a nice article, Lola. And I'm glad you were interviewed - what a fun change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent read it yet, but i'm betting part of it succes is that you know how to give a GOOD interview! :)

    ReplyDelete