Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy 125th birthday, News Sentinel!

An open letter to the News Sentinel:

Dearest Knoxville News Sentinel,
Happy 125th birthday! I'm so glad to have been a part of you.
It thrills me that you still survive despite setbacks and uncertainties in the newspaper industry.
I have you to thank for my love of East Tennessee, you know. After all, you gave a New York City girl reason to come South.

I wasn't planning to stay in East Tennessee any longer than three years but somehow, you sucked me in with decent pay, wonderful friends and a fantastic newspaper career. Nine years later, I'm still here and it's looking like I'll be sticking around these parts for a while longer.

I pray that you would thrive and continue to be a blessing to others as you have been to me.

Sincerely and with gratitude,
Lola Alapo
(News Sentinel employee from January 2003-July 2011.)

2 comments:

  1. At times in your life you look back and see that God does bring good things into your life - My God is good and brought you. LoveTheLola, Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, happy birthday to any newspaper that can celebrate 125 years during these hard times for the print industry. I'm proud of KNS for having made it this far and hope they celebrate many more anniversaries. And all of us who know you thank KNS for giving you a good reason to come south and meet us all. We're so glad you "stuck."

    ReplyDelete