Sunday, November 6, 2011

Glad you were born so we can eat cake


"I'm glad you were born so we can eat cake."
So said 10-year-old Michael today when his parents asked each of the eight children to give a reason why they were thankful for me.
Boy after my own heart.

Arnie, Sarah and the children have been my adopted Knoxville family over the last seven or so years. If you're looking for me on a Sunday afternoon, chances are I'm at their home. I spend just about every holiday with them when I'm not out of town. Birthdays, too. I've even been known to nap in their guest bed.

I'm grateful that I was able to celebrate my birthday with them today (a day early.)
During lunch, I got the special birthday plate. Woo hoo!



One of my gifts was this lovey from 4-year-old Mary Kate.


My family made a happy day happier with this gorgeous bouquet of flowers.

3 comments:

  1. Aww! Lovely day, indeed, for a lovely lady! :) Can't wait to celebrate with you later in the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to one of my all-time favorite people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! You are an easy person to love, Lola, so I totally understand why they have adopted you into their family.

    ReplyDelete