Friday, October 7, 2011

Probationary black belt & other big events

I am now a probationary black belt in Taekwondo!
I passed my test tonight, which included patterns, sparring (five rounds!) and board-breaking.
I'm still reeling from the fact that this is a major step toward my first-degree black belt. I'm now just two belts away from first-degree.

What a week this has been!

By the way, 7 is my favorite number. How cool that it's Oct. 7. I'm also celebrating 7 years of home ownership today.

There was some sadness this week because I had to put down Elmo, my beloved scruffy little poodle.

I'm reflecting on the good and hard things that have come my way these last few days. I'm thankful for the encouragement the good things have brought me.
I'm also grateful for the way I've grown (and I'm still growing) through the hard things.

4 comments:

  1. WAAAAAAY TO GOOOO!!!! It surely has been quite the week for you! :-) Celebrating the good things with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really sorry about Elmo, girl. I love you and am proud of you for the black belt. You kick bootie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real sorry to hear about Elmo, Lola! Congrats on the your black belt - wooohoooo!!

    ReplyDelete