Saturday, May 7, 2011

Holy goose egg, Batman!

I've got a goose egg in my fridge and I ain't skeered to eat it!!

The Market Square Farmers Market kicked off the 2011 season today in downtown Knoxville. It is one of the reasons I love doing life in this city. It's a feast for the eyes, ears and the mouth. I also get to run into friends/acquaintances and meet people I never would have otherwise.
Here are some shots I took this morning as I sampled my way through the market :)

I stopped by a table with funny-looking eggs and found out they were goose eggs. Supposedly, one goose egg equals four chicken eggs, according to the seller dude. (It looks more like a 1:3 ratio to me, but hey, what do I know).


My friend Sara and I were smart and arrived right when the market opened at 9 a.m. Parking was still good and we got first dibs on a lot of stuff.


Within an hour of our arrival, it got super busy.


I got some yummy bread from this lady and her hubby.



Musicians were everywhere. He was one of my favorites.


I got to people-watch...


I also got to know a new vendor. Charity teaches hoop dance classes/workshops. (hoopbug.com). Who knows? This may be part of my summer adventures....


When Sara and I got done shopping we headed over to the Cruze Farm people.
Coincidentally, today is my half birthday. So we decided to celebrate with a sausage egg biscuit.




We came back for some ice cream. (What a lovely hand model Sara is.) That's blackberry to the left and honey lavender to the right.


We were two full, happy campers :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word girl!!! I am soo sad I missed you! I got there about 9:45. I didn't get to walk around really. I was there to help host a charity art show for Serenity Shelter at Rita's Italian Ice. Then I had to leave quickly about noon - went to the Clinton Antique fair with my mom. Sooo happy the market is back!! Happy half birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed you! But there is always next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I saw that woman giving hoop dances before! At the same studio Lettie gives dance lessons.

    ReplyDelete