Sunday, May 8, 2011

10 musings about my mummy

My mummy is simply awesome.
There are hundreds of reasons why I'm thankful for her but here are 10.

10. She and my dad gave me the coolest melodic name. Makes a fantastic byline.

9. She rarely calls me Lola. I almost always hear my pet name, Adunni, from her lips. It warms me on the inside.

8. My first few years in Knoxville, my mum often mailed me clothes, particularly suits and skirts, and ordered that I send her photos of me wearing them AT WORK. (I was a tomboy in my teens and she wanted to ensure I made the transition into adulthood and the professional world successfully).

7. She's not a fan of flying. But she's made several plane trips to Knoxville over the years to see me.

6. As a school teacher, she fostered my love of reading and learning when I was a tot. I've enjoyed school - kindergarten through college - because of her.

5. She gave me five brothers and sisters. They are among my dearest friends.

4. Seeing how she cares for us makes me want to have tons of kids. A large family means multiple times the fun. (Perhaps I'll start with four and work my way up).

3. She's demonstrated sacrifical love to her kids over and over again. It's shown me I can do the same for my husband and children, if/when the time comes.

2. In Jeremiah  1:5, God says, "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you." I'm thankful He chose to knit me inside my mum. I couldn't have been in a safer place or been more treasured. He knew I needed her.

1. She likes me. She really likes me.

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! Especially the work clothes, complete with pictures, part! I am grateful to your precious mom for bringing you to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a precious post! Loved the part about the suits (that's too funny that she wanted a picture :). And I loved the pet name. My mom calls me "petite." I think it's super cute. Thanks for sharing these memories. I'm so grateful your mama brought you into the world ;) Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to start with four? Wow! Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete